I was thrilled to log in this morning and see that Veghotpot has received a Versatile Blogger Award! A massive thank you to Jennifer who passed this over to me, she writes an amazing blog about local foods/ wines and places to see in New Jersey, it is definitely worth a read -http://downhomesouthjersey.com/.
To accept this award I must:
1. Formally thank the person who gave me the award (please see above!)
2. List 7 things about myself that others might not know about me (this is further down the page)
3. Pass on the award to 5- 15 other bloggers
4. Inform the bloggers I have given them the award.
5. Put the Versatile Blogger Award Picture in the post.
I’ve been writing my blog for a few months now and it started off as a way to re-ignite my love of cooking and also to help me be abit more creative. It has been an easy transition for me to become a vegetarian but I still wanted to cook for my husband so Ive faced the challenge of catering for both of us on a budget. I also focus on low dairy recipes as I am lactose intolerant which has been great as you really have to push your mind outside of the normal “vegetarian alternatives”. I love writing my blog so much and the excitment of thinking up a new recipe which I can share with friends, family and anyone reading is a great feeling
Now one of the conditions of accepting the award is that I must post 7 random facts about myself so here you go – a little insight into me
1. I used to go vegetarian every few years for about a week growing up but I never kept it up, I didn’t really understand it back then!
2. My favourite evening snack is a mug of cereal with soya milk – it has to be in a mug to be a snack otherwise its just an extra meal.
3. I have a degree in lingerie design and can design, pattern cut and make bras, corsets, knickers, night wear etc etc. I don’t really do it any more though.
4. We get through a bottle of ketchup every couple of weeks- and we don’t have kids so there’s no excuses!
5. When I was at uni and had no money I decided to bake presents for christmas (but I can’t bake!) so I came up with a brand/ packaging called “Pants at baking” where all the labels were shaped like pants and the food was terrible! It made everyone laugh though and I have since been practising my baking alot more.
6. I watch cooking programmes with a note pad and pen and scribble away with any ideas or tips, I also have a stack of cookbooks next to my bed!
7. I love Rock music/ Heavy Metal and love head banging in my kitchen whilst im cooking! I do close the curtains though!!
Now I’m not sure if I’m meant to wait before nominating the blogs I love for this award but it was such an easy choice for me as I have spent such a long time reading many many other blogs online that I’m going to let them know now!
For those who I have nominated please see the instructions above -
1. http://theclassyscavenger.wordpress.com/- This concept is becoming more and more popular and I think it’s a great idea to use produce which supermarkets and restaurants have thrown out! When I worked at Marks and Spencers we were made to pour bleach on all food in the bins so no one could steal it – steal rubbish?!?!? ridiculous! The recipes they come up with look great and they’ve definitely educated me and entertained me with their scavenging antics!
2. http://rachael-jane.blogspot.com/- I love this blog, Rachy opens her heart and pours it all out into a witty and entertaining blog. You can’t help liking her and I am so inspired by the whole retro look!! This blog makes me laugh out loud in public!
3. http://thefoodieat.org/- So so inspired by Rachel! Her recipes and photos make your mouth water and I love seeing what she gets up to in the professional kitchen too! Brilliant blog.
4. http://atablespoonofliz.wordpress.com/- Liz’s blog makes me laugh, she mixes food ideas with a great sense of humour and it makes for a great read! We’re also both lactose intolerant vegetarians so we have that in common
5. http://dkscooks.wordpress.com/- “so hungry I could blog” – This is a brilliant Foodies blog packed full of photos and brilliant ideas/ recipes. My favourite part of this blog is the “our guides” page where each month they post a few ideas under a theme! I love the look of the “A dip and a Sip” recipes I will be trying those.
6. http://katcameronillustration.wordpress.com/- As soon as you click on this blog your hit with artwork and colour and I love it! Kat lives in Barcelona and has posted about the life there including some tips on where to eat and what to eat! A really beautiful blog about a culture Id like to know more about.
7. http://brunchforeverymeal.com/- “Aspiring Comedic Actor, Writer, Mover, Shaker” – I read that tagline and I was hooked lol! This blogs not really about brunch or food but it’s a very well written, funny and current blog. Dara is really funny and clever with the way she writes.
So there you go what a good feeling! xx