I love writing my blog, especially now I have people reading it and one of the best things which I never expected was the encouragement and support from other bloggers! Everyone wants to compliment each others recipes, marvel at improvements and gush over mouth watering photography and I enjoy reading and commenting on other blogs as much as I love creating my own posts!
Jennifer over at Down Home South Journey was one of the first people to really move me with a comment. She said she loved my enthusiasm and that has stayed with me with every post! Enthusiasm is one thing I have buckets full of so when she passed over a Kreativ blogger award I was over the moon! It’s so nice to be thought of by other bloggers and I think the blogger awards are such a lovely way of building friendships and discovering new talent! So everyone please go check out Jennifer’s blog (click here), she writes about her home, local wines (she’s an expert!) and of course recipes and delicious food posts!
So rules of the award:
- Thank the nominating blogger and provide a link to that blog; (see above)
- Spread the love by nominating seven other bloggers, include their links here, and notify them; and
- Tell you seven interesting things about myself.
Well I have so many blogs I love, here are 7 of them
1. Fork n Beans – Cara recently did a guest post for me which you can see here. She is the epitome of creativity so this award is made for her! She focuses on gluten free, vegan cooking and baking and when you see me say “Raw Cream Egg” I know you will all run over there! Oh yes she’s a genius!
2. Turning VEGANese – Ah I love these guys! They are a group of friends who all post on the blog and what I love the most is you instantly know who you are reading because their styles are so unique. It brings a freshness to the blog, plus their recipes are great and the write up is always full of fun!
3. Lucy’s Friendly Foods – Have an allergy? Head over to Lucy’s blog and you’ll find advice and recipes for you! With a library full of allergy friendly recipes her ideas are original and inventive! There are lots of really yummy looking sweet recipes such as banana sundae cupcakes mmm!
4. Healthy Belly Ellie – If your after something delicious and super healthy then check out Ellie’s blog Bright colours, fresh flavours and plenty of personality! Lots of gluten free and vegan recipes too (something I am really interested in learning more about!)
5. Emmycooks – You can’t help but end up spending a good hour browsing through this blog, the photos are amazing and the recipes are so inspiring. AND you get a brand new recipe every day – I am literally in awe! – now that is passion.
6. The Silly Asparagus – What I love about Colette’s blog is that she is always sharing things she’s learnt about the world of vegetarians, research on the big animal production debates and plenty of background into the choices we all make! Theres just so much to read and explore within her posts so I definitely recommend you get a cup of tea and go soak in some knowledge
7. The Beach House Kitchen – When I first stumbled across this blog I was so excited by the idyllic photos, creative recipes and well just how inspiring they are! They are hugely passionate about the vegetarian lifestyle and it’s catching
OK well I also need to say 7 interesting things about myself… Heres a few possibly interesting facts about me – (by the way I just asked my husband what would he say was interesting about me and he said “You are vegetarian, you like animals, you have a fringe and you like collecting scarfs” hehe I love him but I feel a bit dull now xx)
1. I have a secret dream to own my own cafe with a herb garden and fresh produce and mint tea on the house…it used to be a dream about owning a cocktail bar but I may be my best customer haha! I also have a dream to live on an island and spend my days painting soo I imagine the dream will keep adapting as life moves on!
2. I am a rock music junkie! You know when music just hits a spot in your heart and you light up inside – well a heavy guitar riff and a mind blowing drum solo (Joey from Slipknot I mean you!) does that to me Ahh I’m seeing some amazing bands this year including Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Metallica and Black Sabbath!
3. Ok I’m stealing one from the hubby – I do collect scarfs! I have hundreds in boxes around the house. They are just so pretty and you always look good in them even on a fat day. When we go to Spain there is a pashmina stall on the local market and they are 2 Euros and they are such good quality.
4. I am currently re watching the TV Show One Tree Hill from the beginning (havent seen the last series so don’t tell me!) and I’m addicted! I am a sucker for a story what can I say. My favourite character is Jamie! Seriously he is a dude!
5. I once ate salad cream on my cornflakes to prove a point…the point was that I loved salad cream…
6. I don’t enjoy housework…infact I spend a lot of time moving things around the house so it looks like its been cleaned and then I tell Scott to do jobs and I feel like its a team effort I do enjoy ironing now though as it gives me more time to watch One Tree hill
7. I’m not really into shoes…infact I hardly have any shoes but I don’t care. Some heels, black pumps, my favourite docs and some trainers – sorted!!
Thanks again Jennifer for the award and I hope you’re all enjoying my chocolate month I’m definitely learning I can cook puddings I’m just stubborn.