2012 has been a great year, I’ve enjoyed it so much, travelled, learnt loads, experienced lots and generally just had fun. Today is New Year’s Eve and for most this means reflecting on the year just gone by and planning for the year ahead!
Reflecting on the year gone by for foodies like me means looking at my favourite recipes and posts! Here is my top 10 recipe posts from veghotpot 2012:
1. Vegan Four Seasons Pizza. This is one of my favourite recipes because I really experimented with flavours and was happy with the results. Also it was part of the vegan month of food which I really enjoyed. I met loads of new bloggers and learnt so much about vegan food!
2. Braised Cabbage with Butter beans. I just love this recipe, it started off as a fuzzy idea in my mind but as i started cooking my instincts kicked in and it turned into this yummy unique way to serve cabbage. Even of you don’t like cabbage I promise this recipe is a million miles away from the bland boiled cabbage often served up!
3. Tomato soup with basil gnocchi. This was part of my Friday challenges own recipes and is a great way to serve up gnocchi. I love a good tomato soup and this one is very simple and quick to make.
4. Lentil and spinach meatballs. I used to love spaghetti and meatballs when I did eat meat so I decided it was time to make a healthy vegetarian version, I love the colour and the texture and flavour is filling and meaty enough to be a satisfying meal.
5. Beetroot and Feta Burger. I loved this recipe so much I turned it into my new logo! I’ve made it quite a few times now and each time it has been yummy! The bright pink colour makes it really interesting and is a real crowd pleaser!
6. Baked Beans on toast. They look like Heinz baked beans but the sauce is made from sweet potatoes, red peppers and seasoning. They are much more filling and nutritious than the canned variety and you can make a big batch to put in the freezer so they’re just as convenient.
7. Butterbean Nicoise Salad with a caper dressing. This is one of the first times I’ve experimented with salad dressings and I really like this one, its tangy and rich but the salad balances it out brilliantly.
8. Vegan Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna. This recipe uses a white sauce made from beans and dairy free milk to make it vegan friendly. A really nice evening dinner which feels like a treat but is actually quite healthy!
9. Virtual Vegan Potluck Canapés. This was the second vvp of the year and once again it was a huge success! I enjoyed taking part and being introduced to so many great bloggers. I did two canapé recipes consisting of a mushroom polenta bake and also a beany bruschetta.
10. Coconut, chocolate and cherry cake. I made this cake again but with strawberries for Christmas Day and it was a big success everyone really enjoyed it. It’s a delicious, moist, sweet cake full of gooey fruits…what’s not to like! Plus it’s my first ever own recipe for a cake – big achievement in becky world!
I also went on honeymoon to Canada and America in June which was amazing and we can’t wait to return to Toronto! I visited my mum in France and practised my photography at a French Market we also went to Download Festival and got very rained on but had a rockin time!
I really hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and I want to wish everyone a very happy new year!! Xxxx