The dreaded end of the month again!
Ok so 6 days until pay day and £10 left in the bank… fridge contents include 1 carrot, 1 bag of spinach, 1 small cabbage, 1 leek, 1 potato, celery, 2 green peppers, 10 mushrooms, ½ butternut squash, 4 eggs, ½ load of bread, 6 bottles of beer (husband bought those!), butter, Philadelphia, soya milk and the usual array of condiments.
I think that’s the most I’ve had in my fridge at the end of the month so I’m feeling quite confident I can make some good meals without having to spend much more money! In fact this doesn’t really reflect a true end of month panic but I will still share my end of the month food week with you.
In the freezer I have two Pieminister pies (bought at borough Market and tucked away for when I’m feeling I deserve it, and for the record that’s not in the near future), stuffed peppers, grated wedding cheese, 2 bags of peas (one was tucked away and I didn’t see it before buying a new one grrr), lemon and cranberry cookies and half a tub of ice cream…..yum!
I should also point out that I have cupboards crammed with lentils, pasta, flour, beans ETC.
So meals I can make are (successful recipes to come soon):
• Open mushroom lasagne (so easy just layer up a mushroom sauce with cooked lasagne sheets)
• Cabbage leaves stuffed with butternut squash and served with spicy potato wedges: I tested this last week hence the leftover vegetables and it was delicious.
• Calzone filled with a bit of everything probably! (and some wedding cheese from the freezer), served with peas!
• Spinach pancakes with a Philadelphia filling
• Fried egg sandwich – aye why not!
Only things I’ll need to buy are………wine selection to accompany 🙂
What do you have left in your fridge to use up before payday? x