I’ve been very recipe focused recently, I havent had a rant about anything for a while or expressed too much opinion other than within my recipe posts and I’ve been thinking about why. I do have opinions and my own views on the food world of course, I have made my diet choices and I feel strongly about some aspects of the food industry, however what it really comes down to is the fact that my passion is simply food.
It’s new and exciting ingredients which get me thinking, its recipes and photos of food and random ideas which pop into my head which inspire me. I can spend hours reading a cook book or browsing recipes online, a fun day out is at a farmers market chatting to farmers about their produce and a relaxing weekend is spent from 8am-6pm in the kitchen seeing what I come up with.
I admire the people who take a stand and shout about their views and I’m always the first to chip in on the conversation but for me, this blog I am slowly building with love, is really just an online page screaming out about my love of good food! It makes me so happy when I see that people have enjoyed recipes I’ve created and I feel lucky that my passion has introduced me to the food blogging industry (unlike my uni degree which after 3-4 years in the fashion industry put me off forever) and I want to say a big thankyou to the bloggers who have recently nominated me for blogger awards 🙂 I am sorry some are a little belated but I am really thankful for being noticed and appreciated. so THANKYOU!
Blogger Awards are a bit of fun and a great way of meeting new people and spreading the love of food. If I’ve nominated you and you don’t want to take part that’s absolutely fine, there is no pressure here 🙂
Each blog award comes with an instruction to tell some facts about yourself and to nominate new people for the award. To make everything a little simpler because I have bunched them into one post I will share 10 facts about myself and I will nominate 4 bloggers for each award. If I’ve nominated you then feel free to check out the actual rules for your award from the person who nominated me 🙂
Thank you so much to Vegan Blogger Live blissful for nominating me for three awards! Very inspiring blog award, Reality Blog Award, Blog of the year 2012. I won’t pass on the 2012 blog award since its now 2013 but I wanted to say thanks 🙂
Inspiring Blogger Nominations –
1. The Road to Serendipity. I love your stories and your lifestyle! Truly inspiring 🙂
2. Fork n Beans. The most inspiring baker I have ever come across!
3. Vegan Sparkles. Puts a sprinkle of fun into everything she does 🙂 inspires me to smile!
4. Veggie Diva’s Kitchen. A huge variety of cuisines and amazing veggie recipes!
Reality Blog Nominations –
1. My Food Religion. It was “Energizing” which made me think of Shannon with her great health and exercise tips 🙂
2. The Beach House Kitchen. Pure happiness in a food blog…definitely Yipeee!!
3. Turning Veganese. I’m addicted to their videos, especially the bunnies!!!
4. Vegan Monologue. Amazing photos and mouth-watering recipes!
The super creative blogger Alexander from “In Vegetables we Trust” nominated me for the Sunshine Blog Award! Thankyou! Everytime I get a new notification that he has posted I run straight over there because his food is inspiring and so so delicious!
Sunshine Award Nominations –
1. In My Bowl. A gorgeous collection of plant based recipes focusing on being healthy and delicious.
2. An Ode to Mung Beans. I literally want to try every recipe on Sammy’s blog, really exciting recipes!
3. For the Love of Taste. I love the wide variety of flavour combinations and the way Cornelia experiments with food (with success!)
4. Megg Salad. Really healthy (she is a health coach!) and really vibrant, yummy moreish recipes!
Poppy over at Bunny Kitchen recently nominated my rice pudding recipe for the Super Sweet Blogging Award 🙂 I’ve got more into baking and puddings recently and I will try to continue this over the year to improve my skills!
Super Sweet Blogger Nominations –
1. Go lightly Gourmet. Great ethos on whole foods and how food is about nurture not just fuel!
2. Blisteringly Drunk. Firstly – love the name! haha also some great recipes from a group of friends who all obviously love food!
3. Better Bites. I feel like we have loads in common and I love the gf almond joy bars OMG!
4. Time for Tea, Room for Cake. A great mix of sweet and savoury recipes – the Blood Orange Cake caught my eye, cant wait to try it!
Ok and here are 10 facts about me which you may or may not know!
1. I’m really scared of ants. I know they are tiny but they come in the millions and if they were the size of dogs we would be extinct! I was once stood waiting for a friend and I was wearing flip flops when I felt a tickle on my toes, I looked down and I was stood in an ant’s nest and I had ants all over my feet and crawling up my legs. I’ve never screamed so loud in public in my whole life and I started jumping around trying to brush my feet whilst strangers looked at me in horror. I’m still scarred!
2. I currently have “raspberry” coloured hair with black streaks in it. I change my hair colour a few times a year but it mostly revolves around shades of red and purple. Last summer I tried having black hair with a sharp fringe which was fun but not something I could maintain! My fringe has grown out now phew, I really find them annoying!
3. I am still really into watching the WWE wrestling with the hubby Scott. My favourites are Randy Orton and Sheamus (If I’m judging as a girl who likes pretty men to look at – yes I think Sheamus is pretty) or triple H and Ryback if I’m judging from a wrestling point of view. I didn’t like the whole CM Punk Respect phase but now I am loving his feud with The Undertaker….21-0 YES!?
4. I’m really into Rock and Metal music (today I’m wearing my favourite Iron Maiden North America Tour T-shirt for “dress down friday” at work) and my favourite album at the moment is “Asylum” by Disturbd. They were one of my fave bands when I was younger and this new album reminded me of the good ole days! Also got to see them in 2011 at Download Festival and they literally blew my mind they were so good!
5. My favourite ingredient at the moment is kale. I can’t seem to get enough of it! I have it for breakfast with eggs, I add it to soups, salads and stirfries. I found a purple variety last week which I have used in a recipe coming up and it’s so pretty. It’s also really good for you!
6. I joined the Burlesque Society whilst at uni and helped organise a fund-raiser for my course which involved a lingerie catwalk show mixed with tasteful burlesque. I did a couple of shows myself which were so much fun but I mainly enjoyed the organising part. My degree was in lingerie design (which I havent used as I now work in finance and write this blog) so it was all relevant at the time.
7. I got married in Britain’s oldest Brewery in Faversham (Shepherds Neame) but I don’t like ale! Although we did have a mulled ale as our reception drink (it was in October so cold weather!) and I actually really liked that.
8. I used to do ballet and street dance and actually got really good (my dance teacher asked me if I wanted to train to teach dance) but then I just sort of stopped. Now I just dance in my house and sometimes on nights out if I’ve had some wine! I really miss dancing, maybe I’ll think about doing it again!
9. One of my favourite memories from uni was a night in with Scott when we had just got together. We bought some cheap wine and didn’t have any wine glasses so we drank it out of mugs and sat and played games on the play station and watched films. Looking back now (with a cupboard full of wine glasses) it reminds me that no matter how much money we may have or not have in our life as long as we have each other and are happy drinking wine from mis matched mugs we’ll be happy forever.
10. I have never made meringues before but I really want to give it a go. I will put some time aside at some point to try making meringues!