I have heard a lot about vegan ice cream and have even tried some amazing varieties at food festivals but I never dreamt I would be making it myself. Then I stumbled across this article by The Kitchn and my whole world changed!!
This 1 ingredient ice cream is the best thing since…. real ice cream! It is made purely from frozen bananas and for a bit of fun I added in Vegan Dark Cocoa powder to one batch, vanilla to another and pureed fresh strawberries to the third.
I’ve been spreading the word about this ice cream whenever I can and people never believe me, until they try it! I know I sound like an annoying TV advert, but oh well. TRY THIS ICE CREAM!
Never again will you need to think twice before eating ice cream, heck, you could even eat it for breakfast 🙂
The trick to this ice cream is as follows:
1. Use really ripe bananas
2. Peel and slice then place into a freezerproof container
2. Freeze overnight until solid
3. Blend, blend, blend! The smoother the better, just trust it and keep blending!
4. Stir in your flavouring of choice
5. Either eat soft scoop after blending or put back in the freezer to solidify again.
This icecream is made of fruit 🙂 so I am sharing this recipe with the Four Seasons Food challenge for September, which is run by Anneli and Louisa over at Delicieux and Eat Your Veg, where the theme for this month is Fruit.